free website stats program fuel milage help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel milage help

Going from 25 mpg to 40 mpg (2 up) is a good lift in fuel mileage. I personally would not even try to re-map the current PC you now have. Power Commander makes their maps and mapping system too much of a secret if you ask me. I would not remove any hardware. Just get a fueler that works better and is easy to tune. If a TFI is available, try that.

Here is a PDF on performing the WOW test but I think you already know it because you said that you have cleared codes. If you continue to get codes, record the numbers and then clear them. Post what DTC numbers you find. You never gave any code numbers but said codes were thrown..

Attachments

• WOW_Test.pdf
    166.6 KB · Views: 13
Going from 25 mpg to 40 mpg (2 up) is a good lift in fuel mileage. I personally would not even try to re-map the current PC you now have. Power Commander makes their maps and mapping system too much of a secret if you ask me. I would not remove any hardware. Just get a fueler that works better and is easy to tune. If a TFI is available, try that.

Here is a PDF on performing the WOW test but I think you already know it because you said that you have cleared codes. If you continue to get codes, record the numbers and then clear them. Post what DTC numbers you find. You never gave any code numbers but said codes were thrown..

The codes [see "need help with codes", posted 2/27/12]that were thrown were as follows;
P=u1097- loss of serial data to ECM
S=u1097
SP= none
T=none
Could these codes have affected the ECM and PC?
Currently no codes after riding
For the time being I am going to put the stock AC back on just to be on the safe side.
I will have to save up to buy another fuel management system. Fixed income SS.
Thanks for the response.

Not sure what you mean. If your saying, could the PC generate those codes? Yes. Absolutely.

If your saying could those codes damage the ECM or PC. No.

Could the loss of data to the ECM or PC change the A/F setting or the PC map?
I still do not know what the root cause of the loss of data is, it's happened twice sonce Feb.

Could the loss of data to the ECM or PC change the A/F setting or the PC map?

No.
The "loss of Data" was only a state of health communication error, not a block of vital data that was lost and is now needed, is missing or was changed. It doesn't work like that.
It is nothing to worry about as long as you don't get those DTC's again.
Your A/F may still be too lean but hardware wise your good to go.

its interesting I had a stammer on an 88 -05 tc88, checked electrical and finally pulled pciii usb to see if the bike would idle better it did, ran the scooter without the pciii usb and ran much more normal than with the pciii usb, but--- I believe the fuel mileage went down, i still have to cheekc it, before the pciii usb use to get 46-50 mpgs. Of coarse IM terrible at electrics so swapped out the Iac this year , the tcs last year. Im getting very close , but the bike runs better without the pciiiusb. also notice pciii usb doesn't support the old pciiiusb maps anymore , there are just a few I was able to down load.

Back