free website stats program Fuel management | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel management

demented_22

I have a 2011 flhx, with aircleaner and slip ons. Slip ons have baffles pulled. I will also be changing my stock head pipes out for true duals this winter. To start my bike was running kinda flat and very warm, so I picked up a Vance and Hines Fuel Pak. Installed per their settings and now it seems to be real fat in the midrange (sluggish), but still running Hot. After signing up here and reading up on the TFI, I am interested on one. Which model is suggested and will this work with future engine mods ie. high comp pistons, cams etc? I have emailed Vance and Hines about a differnt map and they were unresponsive.....

I have a 2011 flhx, with aircleaner and slip ons. Slip ons have baffles pulled. I will also be changing my stock head pipes out for true duals this winter. To start my bike was running kinda flat and very warm, so I picked up a Vance and Hines Fuel Pak. Installed per their settings and now it seems to be real fat in the midrange (sluggish), but still running Hot. After signing up here and reading up on the TFI, I am interested on one. Which model is suggested and will this work with future engine mods ie. high comp pistons, cams etc? I have emailed Vance and Hines about a differnt map and they were unresponsive.....

Hi I run a power commander v with autotune (2010) fatty love it had the fuelpac it's ok for minor mods but if you want to do some proformance work you will need a different tuner. There are heaps out there just talk to people that have diffrent ones and the problems that they have had in the end make a informed desision and choose away good luck.

Read my review on the New Gen4... Links that Tank supplied.

I'm in total control of the fuel and "I" set the tune for MY BIKE.

SIGNED....BUBBIE

Dobeck Gen4 is great for Stage I, even with mild cams. However, if higher compression, headwork and more aggressive cams are in the future, timing adjustments will be required for a proper tune. None of the "pot" type systems, like FuelPack, Dobeck TFI, Cobra, etc., allow timing adjustments.

Back