free website stats program Fuel Management System V&H or Dobeck | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Management System V&H or Dobeck

Well I just put in my order for the dobeck gen3. Hopefully it's here by the end of the week and I will let you know how It goes. Can't wait till it gets here!!

Good move, you're going to like it. They work well too.

Let us know how it goes and if you want to do a write up of the install with some pics let me know and we'll put it in that section for you with the other write ups.

If a plug in system like the Dobeck system has an issue out on the road, (which I know it won't) could you just disconnect it from the battery and still get moving? or is that not a good idea.

You could disconnect the ground wire and get where you're going but depending on the mods you have, you may be a bit lean.

You could disconnect the ground wire and get where you're going but depending on the mods you have, you may be a bit lean.

Hi Glider,

Don't have that much in the way of mods. Just a Stage 1 Air cleaner, and the Screaming Eagle slip ons with the stock header pipes. No other mods.

Just those mods would lean it out a bit with the fueler disconnected but it would get you home.

For what its worth, I put the Dobecks Gen 3 on mine this past spring with only a A/C upgrade...still running stock exhaust. Bike runs phoenominally well and improvements were noticeable. Getting my slip-ons this winter and will be complete. No adjustments made to Gen3 and none need to be unless i go to a stage 2 now...not in my plans. :)

When you say improvements were noticeable, can you expand on that? What was noticeable? Performance? Smoothness? Backfire?, etc.? My bike has a hypercharger and V&H long shot pipes that were added by previous owner, but I see no indication that a Fuel Management System was added. As I read these posts I think I may be needing to do that to get performance gains. Anyone know for sure?
A couple of people have mentioned decel popping,e tc. I do get some decel popping and every few startups I get a loud backfire when I hit the starter. Sounds like a massive explosion, then starts right up. Does that maybe every 12-15th startup. Someone went to some fairly costly add-ons and it seems odd that they would not have followed through with the Dobek if that was needed also.

The TFI should take care of the poping and backfire for you. Plus the motor should run cooler after install too. I had added new intake and had decell poping and all gone after dobeck tfi install:newsmile036:

Back