free website stats program Fuel Management System V&H or Dobeck | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Management System V&H or Dobeck

The connections are plug and play. When a fueler gets connected directly in line from the ECM like V&H and experiences a problem, all systems stop including the bike. The piggy back units from Dobeck will just cease working and the bike will still run. A small point to some but a big point to others.

Hi yes but just unplug PCV and remove it and the bike goes back to factory settings so ya still going to get home cheers. (SUMMERS COMING TIME TO STOP WORK AND RIDE}

For what its worth, I put the Dobecks Gen 3 on mine this past spring with only a A/C upgrade...still running stock exhaust. Bike runs phoenominally well and improvements were noticeable. Getting my slip-ons this winter and will be complete. No adjustments made to Gen3 and none need to be unless i go to a stage 2 now...not in my plans. :)

Using the Dobeck tuners even in a stock configuration will definitely give you a better running engine. The add on's are just a bigger improvement.

I have a question here guys. I know this may contradict what I was saying earlier, i'm just trying to prep myself. My last ride was a weekend long ride - only put one about 500 miles or so, but was the last run before it started getting too cold. As I pulled into my garage - I noticed a little "knocking" coming from the engine. I'm running a completely stock setup with the intake/exhaust - but will soon be upgrading to a SE stage 1 intake along with V&H softail duals - I also will add the Dobeck Gen 3 EFI. I'm wondering what the "knocking" can be and if I move ahead with the planned upgrades - will I be doing any damage to the engine? Should I get the bike remapped by Harley after I add the upgrades and tune it with the Gen 3?

The remapping isn't needed with the Gen 3 unit. It will cut down on adjust-ability if you get it. There's more adjustment ith the stock map in the ECM.

As far as the noise, need more info like where was it coming from, what oil are you using etc.

regarding the knocking - it seems to be coming from the front cylinder - but like I said - i'm not 100% sure - that's just what it seems like to me. As far as the oil - when I bought it with 1900 miles - the place said that it had just done the 1000 mile service with HD synthetic oils - it probably has about 4700 miles on it now

Get a better quality oil in it first and see if the knocking stops. See if it's coming from the front of the primary or the other side.

Back