free website stats program Fuel Management System V&H or Dobeck | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Management System V&H or Dobeck

miuliani

So I bought an EFI system - the Dobeck EFI system and I noticed that it has actual connections that are made to the fuel injectors. What I have noticed with the V&H fuelpacks - that this connections get made onto the computer system of the bike itself. Besides the ease of installation - which system is better?

The connections are plug and play. When a fueler gets connected directly in line from the ECM like V&H and experiences a problem, all systems stop including the bike. The piggy back units from Dobeck will just cease working and the bike will still run. A small point to some but a big point to others.

I was wondering this myself. Ordering dobeck gen3 ejk tomorrow. As already stated. Good point glider.

I'm excited to see the difference this makes on my bike. The previous owner put on slip ons and never did the stage one download. I get a lot of heat and de-cell popping. I think I'm gonna notice a huge difference... I hope.

I was wondering this myself. Ordering dobeck gen3 ejk tomorrow. As already stated. Good point glider.

I'm excited to see the difference this makes on my bike. The previous owner put on slip ons and never did the stage one download. I get a lot of heat and de-cell popping. I think I'm gonna notice a huge difference... I hope.

It makes a noticeable difference especially when combined with a stage 1 intake and some slip ons but on it's own you will see a big difference too.

Well I guess it comes programmed for the stage 1 stuff. So the guy at dobeck said either I can add the air filter or just make a minor adjustment to the setting. I'm due for 10k service and should prob just get a new filter and upgrade it.

streetglider08 - you may want to search a few posts on here - i'm a newbie, but have read up on a few people saying that when you add the Dobeck - there is no real need for the software update. Even though the gen 3 comes pre-configured for stage 1 - i'm pretty sure you'll have a tweak or two to make - and from the posts here (since I can't speak from my own experience yet) - the Dobeck people are extremely helpful. You may want to look into saving the money on the HD software tweak and look into upgrading the intake to let that exhaust breathe.

streetglider08 - you may want to search a few posts on here - i'm a newbie, but have read up on a few people saying that when you add the Dobeck - there is no real need for the software update. Even though the gen 3 comes pre-configured for stage 1 - i'm pretty sure you'll have a tweak or two to make - and from the posts here (since I can't speak from my own experience yet) - the Dobeck people are extremely helpful. You may want to look into saving the money on the HD software tweak and look into upgrading the intake to let that exhaust breathe.

Thanks for the advice. I meant to say that the dobeck is basically preprogrammed with the stage 1 download so I will not be doing the download from dealer. I appreciate your thoughts and hopefully we both love the product as much as everyone else does.

sorry. I didn't mean to take over the thread. Just figured since you had the same thoughts as me i'd see what people had to say.

I will plan on doing the stage 1 air filter.

Back