free website stats program Fuel Management and Temp | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Management and Temp

Jorgy,

That motor gets hot down here in Texas, no doubt about it. Most guys I know have gone with something to adjust the A/F mixture, whether it's TFI, SERT, or whatever. My bike came with the stage I and SERT on it, and I've not had any problems with pinging or missing on hot days. The dealer just downloaded a map they already had for the SERT, so I don't think the bike has ever been dyno'd. I have noticed a slight drop in acceleration when the air temps are over 102; but then I tend to lose my "get up and go" when it's that hot also.

The only time I really notice the heat coming off the motor is when I'm stopped in traffic.

Like Smitty said, make sure you're running a good synthetic oil, and there shouldn't be any problems.

Where we will get enough gas to run with the VRod Motor?
As for the late models (96 & 103') Good Air Cleaner and exhaust with stg. 1 download is more than worth the effort. A set of good cams and a tuner is also well worth it. You Riders that can actually hear your bike pinging have a problem. If the anti-knock sensor can't handle it something is wrong.

I went with the NightRider FL-ViED-10 in addition to the Stage 1 tune, with the mods I have, and it addressed everything perfectly.

4" Rineharts, decatted, Stage 1 intake/tune

Back