free website stats program Fuel Management and Temp | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Management and Temp

Jorgy

For years when I encoutered a lean condition I would pull carbs and jet up. With fuel injection they should be able to compensate on their own. They don't, the reason is strict emisions laws hence the narrow controller. Now tell me if this is to easy! my wife will not be to happy if I tell her my new bike came from the factory with a expensive problem I was fully aware of! The factory computer can be reprogramed, can it not be programed to run a little rich? The dealer service will not answer this question!
cheers

Hey Smitty, great advise and it makes perfect sense to leave a system that is working well alone. My question, and only a little vent, living sub tropical is different than living in Northern Ontario with a Lean running vehicle. If the stock computer can be mapped, don't you think maybe there is a mild reprogram avail not requiring any hours on the dyno. Being there so many 96's out, there should be a standerd tune avail. The stage 1 is suppost to rich up the system and help with heat, is it just not worth it. I've tested the bike and am quite happy with stock look and sound, just wanted to start off right!
PS Thanks for your service!
Jorgy

Gotta agree with Smitty on this one. My 07 Streetglide has 20,000 miles on it, still gets 40+mpg, and pings and runs hotter than stink on hot days. I think as long as it starts when I hit the button, goes when I open the throttle and stops when I apply the brakes, I will keep ridin stock, when it melts down, I will build to hilt.

I added the TFI to my stock 07 FLHT because I thought there wasn't enough power when loaded. It isn't any fun to try and pass a car doin' 75 mph and taking longer than my car does. The other reason was the terrible pinging under load. These problems are gone with the addition of the fueler. The stock mapping is great if you have an air cooled motor, I think the future is pointing towards all water cooled motors as a law. The Vrod maybe was HD's answer and soon it will be on all their bikes.? IMO

I just keep learning new things here, I'm thinking that was a 4 cylinder? I wonder if they'd ever dig out those plans and revive them.

Re: well not the vrod engine maybe a version of it the Vrod does not have the low end power a bagger needs Vrod all about speed

Yup!

For years when I encoutered a lean condition I would pull carbs and jet up. With fuel injection they should be able to compensate on their own. They don't, the reason is strict emisions laws hence the narrow controller. Now tell me if this is to easy! my wife will not be to happy if I tell her my new bike came from the factory with a expensive problem I was fully aware of! The factory computer can be reprogramed, can it not be programed to run a little rich? The dealer service will not answer this question!
cheers
I went with the Nightrider xieds for my lean condition. Had the lean "surge" that really annoyed me and pinging from time to time. Both conditions have cleared up with these simple plug-ins. Also experienced an increase in exhaust tone, a nice low growl with the addition of fuel. My brother actually asked if I got new pipes. Best $100 I've spent!

Back