free website stats program Fuel Low Level Light/Kuryakyn Informer Fuel Gauge | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Low Level Light/Kuryakyn Informer Fuel Gauge

Jetfixer

Here is a real test for electrical savy harley techs. I bought a Kurakyn Informer (LED Fuel Level/Battery Charge) Gauge at a swap meet for $10. Installation pretty simple, works really good and kind of neat looking. Here's the question.. The installation requires cutting wire for Low Level light (2006 Dyna Low Rider) and connecting the LED system wire. Kuryakyn Techie says this is necessary so low level light is not on all the time with the Informer installation. I would like to have the original low level light work in tandem with the Informer gauge but not sure how to wire or if it is even possible since original fuel system ties fuel pump, low level light, and gas gauge together. Anyone got any ideas?

No idea, but I know there is a way to do this. I bought my bike with this installed by the prior owner and at one time the fuel light worked in tandem. Now it works in reverse...tells me when the tanks is full, but not when it is almost empty :D

I've not fixed it or looked into it, but I can tell you the Kuryakn light is incredibly accurate and most likely better than the low fuel light.

Back