free website stats program fuel line | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel line

W

wildspirit97

I wonder why they upgraded the fuel line on the '08's.
I think it's 'cause the the old one has a crappy plastic connector that connects to the injector that breaks very easily. the new one on the 08's are made of braided line with pressed fittings that are less likely to break. by the way if you break one the HD shop won't sell the connector, you have to buy the whole line with with the connectors for the tank and the injector for 50 bucks....what a scam!!!!

I wonder why they upgraded the fuel line on the '08's.
I think it's 'cause the the old one has a crappy plastic connector that connects to the injector that breaks very easily. the new one on the 08's are made of braided line with pressed fittings that are less likely to break. by the way if you break one the HD shop won't sell the connector, you have to buy the whole line with with the connectors for the tank and the injector for 50 bucks....what a scam!!!!

After having by bike for a year and four months I've realized that HD is very good at scammin'.that's why they charge $20 for $4 worth of touchup paint.

I bought a pack of 2 injector fittings and a 5 inches of fuel injection fuel line for $9.50 at Napa and the fitting fits just fine.
F.Y.I. if this happens to you the the fitting is 5/16" into 5/16" fuel injection fitting.

yup, you must be psychic!! :bigsmiley28: it was very cold in my garage and I think it made the plastic to brittle to be moving around. it was -3 deg. outside and I probable only got the garage up to about 15-20 deg. before I went out to work on it.:bigsmiley29: ya live ya learn.:s

Have you looked at the fuel line setup on the '08's, it's more like a hydraulic line. they told me at the Harley shop that an 08 line won't fit because they changed the fitting that goes on to the tank, but I tried the one off my brothers bike and it fit just fine:11:

Haven't seen the 08 setup as of yet but I wonder why they said it wouldn't fit. Should be easy enough to look up in a cross reference book once they have been updated to cover the 08 bikes.

Back