free website stats program fuel line on intake | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel line on intake

kdaddy

I replaced my old fuel line that was on my bike when i bought it used with standard fuel line from auto parts store. My older one was routed around a cylinder fin an had rubbed almost through. I cut the newer line longer and it rests just above (almost touching the intake manifold). Any harm if it rest on the intake from heat? Shoul i put a hanger clip to the frame backbone?

The fewer places it touches the better. Cut a piece of your old line a couple inches long, and slice it lengthwise and put it around your new line where it will rub. Two ty wraps and it should be good for a long time

On my Evo bikes the fuel line is directed through a hole in the head steady which has a rubber grommet in it that holds the fuel line in the correct place there is convoluted pipe around the fuel line in 2 sections first section from carb to grommet on the head steady and another from head steady to fuel tap
This ensures that the fuel line does not rub on anything and has extra protection from the convoluted tubing

Brian

Great advice from Breeze. If it NEEDS to touch the intake, its would be better than the head fin.

Thanks guys. I found a 5/8 rubber coated tube clamp an i will zip tie it from the stabilizer just above it.

Back