free website stats program fuel leak on a 2001 Electra FLHTCI | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel leak on a 2001 Electra FLHTCI

ke6faw

Thanks for having the great site and all the knowledge thereof. I have just bought a 2001 Electra Glide FLHTCI and when I started it this am the right sided fuel line under the tank started leaking. I disconnected it and reconnected the line to no avail. The person I bought it from rode it once a month for the last year for about 20 miles. Is there o rings on the tank or on the line or both and is one of these usually suspect. Thanks for your time and have a safe and blessed winter riding season.

Chris

Thanks for having the great site and all the knowledge thereof. I have just bought a 2001 Electra Glide FLHTCI and when I started it this am the right sided fuel line under the tank started leaking. I disconnected it and reconnected the line to no avail. The person I bought it from rode it once a month for the last year for about 20 miles. Is there o rings on the tank or on the line or both and is one of these usually suspect. Thanks for your time and have a safe and blessed winter riding season.

Chris

Chris,

The fuel line has a "quick connect" type fitting connecting to the discharge from the tank (actually from the fuel pump inside the tank), but I think this is on the left rear of the tank. Make sure that coupling is firmly seated on the discharge.

Is a fuel hose leaking on the RIGHT side?

TQ

Last edited:
The "O" ring is inside of the connector itself. Remove the line after depressurizing the system and check them over.

Pull the pump fuse and crank the engine till it stalls to de pressurize it. There's also a connection on the other end under the tank in the middle too.

Thank you. Yes the lines are on the rear left of the tank. The one closest to the seat is leaking. I tried taking it completely off and putting it back on but still leaking. Is this a commom problem? Thanks again for the info.

Chris

Not a common problem but like everything else sometimes parts let go and have to be replaced.

Last edited:
Thank you. Yes the lines are on the rear left of the tank. The one closest to the seat is leaking. I tried taking it completely off and putting it back on but still leaking. Is this a commom problem? Thanks again for the info.

Chris

Good, since it is easier to get to. Do as Glider suggested above and try replacing the o-ring before replacing the whole hose assy.

TQ

Thank you all for the advice. I will double check for tightness and then replace the o ring and/or fitting. Thanks again for your time and input.

Chris

I have 03 electra and mine was leaking as well couldn't get an o ring for it so had to change the fitting from the tank to the fuel pump in the tank. good luck on yours.

I have 03 electra and mine was leaking as well couldn't get an o ring for it so had to change the fitting from the tank to the fuel pump in the tank. good luck on yours.

O-rings are available in every size including metric,if you can't find them anywhere else try a hydraulic repair shop

Back