free website stats program Fuel Leak from fitting | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Leak from fitting

Give these people a call and tell them what you need.

O-Rings West

If you get them here, post here what they were as far as the part number.

Last edited:
You bet I will! This is crazy having to pay a couple hundred bucks for 2 lines when I only need the o-rings ... Will keep you posted on my quest...

We finally got our bike up and running yesterday after almost 1 1/2 weeks. It's very sad that a few bad o-rings ended up costing over $300.00!!! :(
because Harley refuses to sell the parts. In total we ended up having to buy both female in-tank connectors @$60.00, which was fine because now we have new fuel lines... The part that really (EDITED) me off was having to buy both male fittings $250.00 just for the need of 2 small 0-rings when the fuel lines and connectors were fine, had I'm sure many, many years of life left in them and didn't need replacing. And the new gasket, screws, etc. Very expensive project for some very cheep 0-rings!!!!
Anyway, we're back on the road and now my wife is on a quest to find these 0-rings by the gross if she can and distribute them to any harley rider that needs them... lol When she fulfills her mission she will post on here to let others know. Thanks for all the help from this site and you knowlegable riders. I'm sure I will be reading and learning more in the future. Ride Safe.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if this is my problem?2 weeks ago I was in NC to ride the Tail of the Dragon and developed a fuel problem.I filled up(did not fill up so it overflowed)and started to ride.MY filler cap was in place correctly.I started to get serious overflow out of the tank.I drainned about 1/2 gal out and cleanned up the mess.All was good til next morning when we started out.I got SERIOUS fuel smell(like hot vaporized gas).Enough so people told me they could smell it following me.Took it into my dealer(super people and they founda check valve had been installed backwards at the factory.They also blew out overflow tube.I am still getting serious fumes .Dealer has bike back,but has anyone got ideas on this problem?FYI...There is no fuel on the floor and a close inspection does not reveal and puddling or dripping gas.Thanks for any ideas

Pirate,check your oil,pull the dipstick and smell it,the fuel could have pushed past the rings if it was washing that bad and your oil could be contaminated so when it is warm you get that hot fuel smell

I had a leak on the return line and replaced the o-ring at the tank and it still leaked. I am under the impression that the internal o-ring inside the fitting can't be replaced. The new fuel lines are braided stainless and more $$$ than the rubber ones. Anyone want to confirm that the internal o-ring is not replaceable. Also, the connection at the tank on the RK needed to be unthreaded, wasn't quik-disconnect unless I'm missing something here.

I think WildSpirit said that the 08 model year had an all metal one fuel inlet fitting if you have a cracked plastic one...:(

Back