free website stats program Fuel injector servicing | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel injector servicing

I was wondering if in the future I suspected my fuel injectors to be clogged are they serviceable and able to be soaked and cleaned or do they need to be replaced? Proper maintenance should prevent this but things happen and I would like to be prepared for the worst. Are they a lot of cash to replace? Thanks for any help with this.

My bike is a stock 2007 1200 low

I don't have exact answers for your question but I & many others like to use seafoam to help prevent fuel system issues like these.

Then you can worry about other future problems :D

It is kind of like you will cross that bridge when you get there. Unless there is a performance issue that would probably set a check engine light, there is no need to worry about injectors clogging. Running a good brand of gas and occasional fuel treatment should ensure a long life for your injectors....

Clogged fuel injectors don't seem to be much of a problem on the forums I follow. Gas is a powerful solvent, and I can't see how adding a few ounces of a milder solvent to your gas helps clean any better. That said, I do use Seafoam every once in a while, just to feel better about it.

Clogged fuel injectors don't seem to be much of a problem on the forums I follow. Gas is a powerful solvent, and I can't see how adding a few ounces of a milder solvent to your gas helps clean any better. That said, I do use Seafoam every once in a while, just to feel better about it.

Peace of mind is priceless.......

Seafoam is a great product to run through your tank. Cleans your injectors and a whole lot more.

I use Seafoam myself but if my bike was laid up for a long while for whatever reason, are the injectors able to be pulled out and cleaned or are they a type of part that has to be changed out?

I use Seafoam myself but if my bike was laid up for a long while for whatever reason, are the injectors able to be pulled out and cleaned or are they a type of part that has to be changed out?

Why try to fix what is not broke! You may very likely end up with a problem removing and cleaning injectors for no reason. Before you take the leap, call dealer and price out what new injectors run if injectors become damaged and you may just change your mind.....:small3d011:

New injectors are about $65.00 ea. As far as laying up for a long time I wouldn't worry about it much since you're using Sea Foam. A friend of mine lets his '03 FLHTCUI set up fro 6-12 months at a time. He usually charges battery or replaces it and starts it up with no problems.He doesn't have much time to ride as you can tell.
tourbox

Back