free website stats program Fuel injector problem- again | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel injector problem- again

Yes, that could happen. But if an injector sticks wide open, a TON of fuel would be going in. Fuel would be dripping out the pipe when it was going down the street,

You could always swap injectors and see if the front spark plug now goes black. That would be a quick and dirty way to test it.

I like Hoops idea here, sure fire way to see if the injector is the culprit:s

Do you have spark plugs that are other than stock? If so, try a set of stock plugs before you get all into tearing things apart. One injector is one thing but two in 8 months makes me think to look elsewhere. I hope you kept the original injector. I always offer the old parts back to the customers unless there is a core charge.

Could be a bad wire to the injector too but that wouldn't show as a fouled plug.

5 hours to diagnose a bad injector???.... he should turn in his tools and become a cook.:D

Com'n Glider,,,,, I wouldn't trust him with my "Pork Chops" . (.)

signed....BUBBIE:newsmile032:

Com'n Glider,,,,, I wouldn't trust him with my "Pork Chops" . (.)

signed....BUBBIE:newsmile032:

When do we eat I keep hearing about pork chops and meat balls whos cooking tonight?:p

Have you tested the resistance in the plug wires or replaced them to try to isolate the problem? Fouled plug is missing ignition, not fuel.

OK, I have ordered new plugs and wires from J&P; should be here tomorrow. If that doesn't work, at least I've eliminated spark. Gotta get it running right soon, though, we're wasting daylight!!

Glider, you're a lifesaver (or at least a time- and money saver). I replaced plugs and plug wires and the motor is running smooth and strong. I've put only about 50 miles on since the repair, though. I'll put a couple hundred miles on, then check the color of the plugs. Thanks everyone!!

Back