free website stats program Fuel injection | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel injection

Have a 2001 flhtcu and was curious if I can replace the fuel injection with the Delphi style, and if so what else would have to be replaced
Just seem that there are more options as far as aftermarket ignition ect available for models with the Delphi I think. Thanks ahead

It probably can be done, but the cost would not be feasible. The two systems use different sensors, trigger systems,etc, and require different wiring and connectors. There are conversions available to go to carb. from MM injection.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Just seems like there are more performance options for the Delphi than the magnet time modelling system

Have a 2001 flhtcu and was curious if I can replace the fuel injection with the Delphi style, and if so what else would have to be replaced. Just seem that there are more options as far as aftermarket ignition ect available for models with the Delphi I think. Thanks ahead

Actually the early MM system is not that bad; the problem is finding a tuner that knows how to tune with it. Easier to convert to carb; harnesses and parts are available. Also expensive and labor intensive but enough have converted to carb that there are some "kits" for that purpose. Unless you are planning some extensive performance upgrades, leave well enough alone and start looking for a tuner.;)

Back