free website stats program Fuel injection | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel injection

Could you please let the forum know what the reason for this question is? There a two ways of giving you an answer.
Lets take scenario A. You have a bike and you love her but wonder if you are being left behind by technologie?
I would say ...Don't worry to much because every system has it's down sides. If you're a tinkerer you want to stay carb for certain.

Scenario B. You are trying to convince the missus it's time to start shopping.
Man oh man it's surprising your bike is still going. You must be one of the last one's on a carb model. Have you been approached by the Harley museum yet?
I would trade it in before it has now value at all left. Can you still get parts for it?

My wife wanted a baby, I wanted a new bike. We both won.

I think EFI is more efficient across the board, mapping can match each gear for great efficiency,,but comes at the price of user friendliness and serviceability for the average Sunday mechanic. Carbs are user friendly, and dyno tuninig helps alot but no carb can match a properly tuned EFI.... I can feel the heat coming my way,,, carbs are great, but think in terms of fuel efficiency, effect power curve on each gear,,ect. :60:

Thanks guys the reason for my question was because I was going to buy a 2001 Dyna (carb) or maybe save a few more bucks and go for a 2007 (EFI)

Back