free website stats program Fuel Injection Squealing 2011 FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Injection Squealing 2011 FLHX

spectacle1

I have a 2011 Street Glide/ FLHX and when it is running the fuel injection squeals. Brought it back to dealership and they say it is normal. Drives me nuts to ride with the radio off... Listened to a few other street glides and could also here a squeal but certainly not as loud as mine???? Any ideas?

When my bike was new, I had an occasional squeal coming from the fuel pump. I did not want the dealership tearing into my brand new bike so I ran a few shots of MMO in the tank. Seems to have cured it because it's been over a year since I heard it.

I have a 2011 Street Glide/ FLHX and when it is running the fuel injection squeals. Brought it back to dealership and they say it is normal. Drives me nuts to ride with the radio off... Listened to a few other street glides and could also here a squeal but certainly not as loud as mine???? Any ideas?

funny, my '01 RKC squeals too(sounds like the pump)...I'm pretty sure it only started after I did the "convoluted hose/filter" repairs in the tank. I've ridden a few hundred miles with it "squealing", and so far no issues, but its definitely annoying(especially when I'm sitting at lites). Dont know if I should just "live with it" or spend $$$ on a new pump. I wonder if some pumps just make more noise than others??? I feel for you cause I know first hand how ANNOYING it can be!!! :wall

When my bike was new, I had an occasional squeal coming from the fuel pump. I did not want the dealership tearing into my brand new bike so I ran a few shots of MMO in the tank. Seems to have cured it because it's been over a year since I heard it.

I've been running some MMO also, but hasnt really made a difference yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know first hand how ANNOYING it can be!!! :wall

It sure is a nasty sound. Since your ride is an '01, it just may have worn bearings(?) and there is no other way to fix it other than installing a new pump. But I think for the OP who has a new bike (pump), he may get lucky with some MMO.

I would have tried anything to keep from bringing the bike in under warranty. At least to the local dealership I am blessed with.

certainly is the pump where the sound is coming from

will try a little MMO...

Last edited by a moderator:
certainly is the pump where the sound is coming from

Since you have a New ride, and the manufacture of the pump is Delphi (a quality product indeed), I would try a few shots of MMO and see what happens. If your lucky enough to have a dealership with good techs, have them look at it under warranty.

Like I said, my local dealership forces me to repair even warranty problems myself. I would have poured 90 weight gear oil in the tank if I had to.:)

Back