free website stats program Fuel Injection Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Injection Problem

jbabk

Contributor
I did a dumb thing and connected my Techlusion TFI to the positive terminal. By the time I realized what I did I had all kinds of gas pouring into the cylinders. I have since received and installed a new TFI but now I can't start the engine. It is not getting any fuel. Does anybody have any suggestions besides telling me I did a stupid thing. The bike is a 2007 RoadKing. I did clear out the cylinders and replaced plugs. I do get spark but no start. I shot a little starting fluid in and the motor started and shut right off. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Joe B

I did a dumb thing and connected my Techlusion TFI to the positive terminal. By the time I realized what I did I had all kinds of gas pouring into the cylinders. I have since received and installed a new TFI but now I can't start the engine. It is not getting any fuel. Does anybody have any suggestions besides telling me I did a stupid thing. The bike is a 2007 RoadKing. I did clear out the cylinders and replaced plugs. I do get spark but no start. I shot a little starting fluid in and the motor started and shut right off. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Joe B

IF this is the FIRST time of Installing the TFI,,,,, CALL Dobecks and talk with Dallas Or another tech..

Have You had it running Right? once before or THIS problem and THIS time Nothing???

I would think You DO NOT have the TFI hooked up properly.... Take a look at the instructions again.... DO You have the injector wires From the TFI and NOT the originals MIXED with TFI hook up... Your OLD wires need to be UN-Hooked TOTALLY and the TFI's need to be plugged in..

Make any sense??? Hoople will be along and tell more.. I'm sure

signed....BIUBBIE

My Bike does not have a security system on it. Do I follow the same steps and ignore the security info?

My Bike does not have a security system on it. Do I follow the same steps and ignore the security info?

Don't approach this problem by swapping ECMs. Before doing that I would temporarily remove (unplug) the TFI. Restore the bike to what the wiring was before installing the TFI. Removing just the ground wire is not enough in this case. Just plug the fuel injectors back into the factory wiring harness and remove the O2 terminators. Restore O2 sensors to the original factory wiring. No cables or plugs from the TFI should be hooked up. Then try and start the bike and see if it runs. If it logs some DTC's, just write down the numbers and clear them. Check all fuses & try it one more time. If it runs, and does not post any more DTC's, your in good shape.

If it does not run, post on the forum what happens. Don't just start swapping parts, especially the ECM. It can make matters worse.

Just want to thank everyone for your help an information. The problem was starting to get a little bit over my head so I dropped the bike off at my local Harley dealer. Its their problem now.

Joe B

Did HD get your scoot back to riding health...spendy mistake for sure. I always try to read & re-read each step of instructions to ensure I've got things correct. May take me twice as long to install stuff, but I know it's correct. Hoop's got the fix actions - eliminate the TFI & start over...hope the repair bill's not too steep...

I realize it was a good idea but also a pain in the (EDIT). I would have had to take the true duals off and put the old pipes back on in order to hook up the sensors unless I really don't have to hook up the sensors. I can still get the bike back since they didn't look at it yet.

Joe

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Back