free website stats program fuel injection noises | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel injection noises

kiwihog

i have a 07 deuce and recently has developed a noise while running sounds like its coming from fuel pump , injector area kind of a constant slurping sound like its at the bottom of a milkshake bike isnt running bad just sounds weird is loud enough to hear over v&h short shots any suggestions appreciated

i have a 07 deuce and recently has developed a noise while running sounds like its coming from fuel pump , injector area kind of a constant slurping sound like its at the bottom of a milkshake bike isnt running bad just sounds weird is loud enough to hear over v&h short shots any suggestions appreciated

there was a post here a few days ago tht suggested that this could be a fuel pump line issue. The bendy hose that attaches to the pump in your tank may have developed some friction pin holes thus causing a loss of pump pressure and the slurping noise. Do you notice a bit of stuttering or running differently when at about 1/2 tank or going up hills with a heavy throttle? if so, the fix is fairly easy and can be found in the self help section here. Someone with more knowledge than me (mine is nearly zip) will definitely guide to right. best of luck and happy riding.

Thanx guys it does sound like thats my problem although I only ever have a hesitation at the first maybe 100 feet after taking off will check for the sound with the cap off does that gasket need to be replaced on the canopy or can that be sealed with sealant??

Back