free website stats program Fuel in air cleaner. | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel in air cleaner.

willy

Had A/N Big Sucker,P/C V and Rush true duals and mufflers put on 2010 Limited Ultra.Bike ran great after Dyno was done,only got to ride a little because of Indiana winter. Problem is after setting for a couple weeks I stood bike up staight to put on jack to clean and fuel ran out the air cleaner.Never saw this before on any of my Harleys.Pulled the air cleaner off and the throttle body was full of fuel.Anyone had this on a EFI bike.Do I have a injector stuck or bad?Ignition was not turned on.

Can't help you on why the fuel is there, but whatever you do, don't try to start it. If one of the intake valves happened to be open and you puddled fuel into the combustion chamber, you will do extensive damage if you try and crank the engine through. I would first remove both plugs, put the bike in 6th gear and push it through a few revolutions to make sure all is clear within the cylinders.

I would have a look at the regulator, could be holding pressure after shut down, as Hoople said this could be a bad thing, do not start it til you clear the fuel and make sure there is no fuel in the cylinders, you may want to pull the dip stick and have a smell may need to change the oil also

Back