free website stats program fuel guage | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel guage

torence20

hey guys 05 superglide fuel guage worked great until i took the tank off. put all back together and ive had nothin but problems since. before it would read after about 20 miles after a fill up then it started to only read when i would get on it and now it dont do (EDIT) . any ideas?

Moderator Note: Please read our rules on language

Harley Davidson Community - RULES

Last edited by a moderator:
ran wires up thru the frame for bar mount speakers. i was very very careful while running the wires as to not damage any others in the frame went very smooth it was a breeze. no tugging or pulling required

I would check the plug in the consol to make sure that one or more of the pins didn't unseat and push back and are not making connection. Since I don't have a manual for your model did you check to see if the fuel guage fuze is still good?

no i didnt check the fuse. as the guage still illuminates. and it does. well it did work once and a while, it hasnt done anything in some time. would the fuse be with the rest of them?

and what are you reffering to as a consol? under the cover that the fuel guage protrudes through?

Last edited by a moderator:
no i didnt check the fuse. as the guage still illuminates. and it does. well it did work once and a while, it hasnt done anything in some time. would the fuse be with the rest of them?

and what are you reffering to as a consol? under the cover that the fuel guage protrudes through?

There is a male/female plug that attaches the fuel guage to the main harness. Did you seperate the plug when you removed the tank?

Did you check the gauge connection under the tank (by the frame backbone right above the rockers). Make sure it's back together snug.

Also I don't quite understand what you mean by
" before it would read after about 20 miles after a fill up then it started to only read when i would get on it and now it don't do anything"

Are you saying even before the tank was taken off it did not read quite right also ?

no before i removed the tank it worked perfectly. no problems at all. but since then it started messin up and now doesnt work at all

Back