free website stats program fuel gauge sender | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel gauge sender

PA 58

so after changing out my carb and cleaning out my tank from the rubber eating eythenol fuel my fuel gauge started acting up. so i took out the sending unit and found that the wires on the float arm (reostat ?) wasn't making contact and the ground one was missing the bent tip. so i now have a question after my heart failure from calling my local harley shop. they want $211 for a new sender. does any body have one laying around that they would sell for a reasonable price. all i really need is the arm base with the wire contactors in good shape. i have a 05 night train thanks PA

I found one on ebay that I think is your model for $170. There are several other models for really good prices. Maybe keep an eye out for a good price on the right one, and use your odometer for a gauge until then. I'll keep an eye out also.

You should be able to get out a soldering gun and reattach the sending unit wire and create a tip for the ground

I'm interested if this helps myself. I know the sending unit is not worth that kind of coin either. currently using the odometer method.
bought mine from someone who let it sit empty and it corroded the wire winding's real bad.

Back