free website stats program Fuel Gage fogging | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Gage fogging

I have a 99 flht ...and the fuel gage has always fogged.......I never did anything to it ...I just live with it.

I try to be careful about squirting water right on them and other than that they work good.

i own a 08 softail custom( fxstc) and mine also fogs but it goes in sunlight .my speedo
seems totaly unaffected.i also get fogging in the headlight which goes as soon as the igition is switched on.i can live with it cos in summer its gone, though it wouild be a good idea for harley to adress this problem as in england they are like the rolls royce of bikes and quality counts.

lightning; IMO, if you feel that strongly about this then definitely re-address w/dealer while bike's in warranty (I would). Could benefit everyone if it's addressed enough to become a recall/tech bulletin item.

FYI, one UG option I'm looking at is going w/digital gauges (Dakota Digital Bike Portal). They're a tad spendy ($1300), but like the looks, functionality & it gets rid of the somewhat worthless air temp gauge. Is is a bit much???...we'll let my boss (wife) decide if I deserve it.:p

my fairing gauges on my 01 RG have had this probelm since the third year i've owned my bike they dry out in the sun but annoying. you would think HD would have addressed this by now since i'm sure there must be thousands of guages must have this probelm.

I haven't been a forum member for too awful long but am always wondering why WE just accept this problem as "normal"......I'm on my third HD and my '09 was the first to fog up. Initially my dealer said it was "normal/cosmetic" but I just couldn't accept that....not after paying $21K for a bike. I insisted they make the situation right and they did. If my dealer will warranty this, why won't yours? I have a feeling if MOCO heard enough complaints (and spent enough $$ fixing this problem) they might come out with better guages. WE have learned to live with this problem and now it is the norm. WE need to be patient but persistent. JMO

Back