free website stats program Fuel economy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel economy

Sounds like pretty poor fuel mileage...though I do get 35 mpg if I do my usual 3-4 miles to work to and from and similar for lunch only...during working week. Out on the highway when I go to AZ or Northern CA for 500 miles essentially stopping only for gas, I get 47 mpg (carbureted Sportster) so your mileage will vary by at 10-12 mpg or so, so under 30 may be possible and "normal" as driving is a matter of how you drive MORE than any other single thing you can do. :s

Fuel Mileage - Harley Davidson Community

Sounds like pretty poor fuel mileage...though I do get 35 mpg if I do my usual 3-4 miles to work to and from and similar for lunch only...during working week. Out on the highway when I go to AZ or Northern CA for 500 miles essentially stopping only for gas, I get 49 mpg 70 mph highway only (carbureted Sportster) so your mileage will vary by at 10-12 mpg or so, so under 30 may be possible and "normal" as driving is a matter of how you drive MORE than any other single thing you can do. :s

Fuel Mileage - Harley Davidson Community

B-1B Guy, the PC V was installed at the dealership I bought the bike from and I believe they got it from Drag Specialties. I've got the box for it and it has a map# that was installed on the box. I am going to pull the plugs tomorrow and then call the parts manager at the dealer who is the person that downloaded the map onto the PC V and let him know what I have going on. The bike it a bit "blubbery" down low, say idle to 2200 RPM which is mostly where I have been running it since it is new.

Sgt,

If your dealer can't help you, I'd recommend contacting FuelMoto, ask for Jamie. He is the "MAN" when it comes to PCV's. I went with the PCV & autotuner on my Ultra and could not be happier with it. It worked great w/ my stage 1 mods and is adjusting trims nicely now that I did cams & heads. The bike runs better every time I ride it. Lots of non-believers out there but I am not one of them. It's an additional $300 but IMO, well worth the $$. Anyhow, if your dealer can't help you, shoot me a PM and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Where you from in Central Wis? I great up in Pittsville, the "EXACT" center of the state......ever heard of it?

Back