free website stats program Fuel Delivery Line Leak | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Delivery Line Leak

BigG

Anyone know if there is a better way to correect the leak (internal) that the softail 2003 models have. I had the tube replaced once but now I'm starting to get the same thing happening. I would like to fix this issue once and for all. Thanks
2003 FLSTCI Heritage Classic

Anyone know if there is a better way to correect the leak (internal) that the softail 2003 models have. I had the tube replaced once but now I'm starting to get the same thing happening. I would like to fix this issue once and for all. Thanks
2003 FLSTCI Heritage Classic

I've only heard of one solution, and I found this out after I'd replaced mine. Take the old line and split it and put it over you're new line. Any rubbing will be on the old line protecting you're new line. I've also heard that the new lines are a little shorter so there's not as much excess in the tank to be rubbing. I replaced mine 3 years ago and so far haven't had any more problems.

I've only heard of one solution, and I found this out after I'd replaced mine. Take the old line and split it and put it over you're new line. Any rubbing will be on the old line protecting you're new line. I've also heard that the new lines are a little shorter so there's not as much excess in the tank to be rubbing. I replaced mine 3 years ago and so far haven't had any more problems.

Here is what I'm going to try. I saved the last fuel tap and line with hole worn in it. I will remove the fuel line that has a hole and replace with a high pressure autmotive fuel line. The next time I have the issue. I will replace with the one I am making.

Here is what I'm going to try. I saved the last fuel tap and line with hole worn in it. I will remove the fuel line that has a hole and replace with a high pressure autmotive fuel line. The next time I have the issue. I will replace with the one I am making.

That will work good, make sure the line you use is current for the alcohol based fuel. Napa used to carry silicone fuel line, Spendy but it worked good:s

That will work good, make sure the line you use is current for the alcohol based fuel. Napa used to carry silicone fuel line, Spendy but it worked good:s

Yes Jack and I've been told that it also has to be high pressure, which I don't fully understand since it is on the 'Supply side'

Back