free website stats program Fuel Controller Disconnected | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Controller Disconnected

MarkS

I have a 2015 Harley Davidson SG with a stage 1 exhaust and air cleaner, and Dobeck Gen 3 TFI. Just did an 1800 mile trip to Talladega AL and upon arriving I notice my bike sputtering on decel with some popping but ran good. I rode it home and then checked it and discovered the negative ground wire to my controller had broken off at the crimp!!! SO, I put about 900 miles on it without programmer running!!!! Spliced on new end and reconnected and bikes running fine it seems like and fixed sputtering and popping. Plug was white on top indicating exc swivel heat. My question is what the possibility I damaged my valves, Pistons or anything else?? How do I know??

Thanks,
MarkS

No damage. Newer bike ECM's compensate for slight variations like stage I. Disconnecting the Doebeck negative wire is the method to use if we suspect the unit is not working properly. It just drops the Doebeck out of the system.

Pete has you covered, removing the neg lead eliminates the feuler and returns you back to the stock settings.

The white condition on the plugs means you were running to lean without the fueler in the loop.

Thanks for the responses! So you don't think it did damage even after 900 miles disconnected? Just worried.....

Nope, no damage. A buddy has a full flow air filter and a Thunderheader with NO mods done to add fuel. Bike has 30K miles like this, Sturgis and back in 100+ temps. Why no fueler? His best friend worked at a HD dealership and told him he didn't need it. :small3d023:

Back