free website stats program Frustrating Encounter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frustrating Encounter

Some folks just don't engage their brain before speaking.

You might suggest it would be a good idea for him to avoid the food court. He could be attacked by wild kids who could rip his arms and legs off in a satanic frenzy. Then where would he be??:D

Just give him "the look" shake your head and say. Yeah, YOU probably shouldn't try it, it's not as easy as it looks. and walk off. :eam:eam:bigsmiley24:

Actually he is correct in what he is saying...owning a Harley Davidson will cost you an arm & a leg...:newsmile036:

Crambo, well done, may want to tack on "the heart" onto that one as well...the one in my chest is one from a biker too! :yes

Maybe he just frustrated that his wife WON'T let him buy a scoot!!!! :D

There it is!!

Now if he had that attitude because of a traumatic event with a friend or family member I think he would have kept it more one on one. Or not have
made the comments at all. Hope this was not the case.

ride safe

I am sure that we all cross paths with people that "Just Don't Get It" in terms of what it means to be a true motorcyclist.

I own a consulting business and often do not let on that I am a biker with my clients and colleagues, just in case one of them has the same attitude as the security guard in the airport. I just don't have the time or patience for the bad attitude thing.

However recently I had a business related meeting with a fellow Engineer (my age) and during our meeting I noticed he was wearing a Harley Davidson ring. When the time was right I told him that I also rode an H-D and the entire tone of the meeting changed from being just another boring meeting to a "Let's get this meeting over with so we can talk about our bikes and share some riding stories."

Now when ever we meet for business, we have a common bond as fellow bikers and the subject quickly changes to riding our bikes. It's great when you can spend time talking with another Harley Davidson rider at the client's expense!

If the security guard at O'Hare airport only knew what he was missing........

Last edited:
I've found it useful when, upom chance encounters with opinionated idiots, to walk away from them once their odiotic opinion starts to become recognizable.

It's best if done mid-sentence.

JBK

Back