free website stats program frt turn signals removed now rear signals don't work | Harley Davidson Forums

frt turn signals removed now rear signals don't work

darbydyna1

Front signals removed at the connector in the wiring harness because of crash damage. however now rear signals don't work. Do the front signals have to be connected for the rears to work? Thanks for the help.

Does your bike has a TSM or TSSM ? If so you are gonna have problems without the front sigs hooked up. I'm guessing the only way you could accomplish it would be to integrate a resistor into the front sig circuit that would "fool" the TSM into thinking the front sigs were working properly.

I'm not qualified as an Design Electronics engineer so you would need Hoople for the details on the resistor ratings.

I would suspect that they come on but do not flash as the tsm/tssm needs the load from both bulbs to start flashing

Brian

At my age I come from a time when there were "no" signals except hand signals. But I've learned to live with front signals. They aren't that bad to look at if you put them down on the forks. I imagine they are a bit safer running with them.

Back