free website stats program Frost on the bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frost on the bike

Pardon me for laughing at the title of this thread, but we're finally exiting the HOTTEST SUMMER ON RECORD IN TEXAS' HISTORY!!!!! You have no idea how good the word "frost" sounds. This is now the best time of year to be riding for us. Light winds, low humidity, mid 80's - low 90's during the day, and it's actually getting nice and cool at night. Have to keep my jacket in the saddle bags in case I'm still out on the road after the sun goes down. It's down right chilly without it. Fall is here finally here!!!! Can I get an "Amen Brother" from my fellow Texas riders??? :D

Lots of Ice fishing and we have ATV s for the lakes and around the farm.
My buddy has a heated shop that he said I could store the bike in along with his colection.
Snowmobileing is only for 3 maybe 4 months . We might get one this year.
F.K.

=================================================

I have a brother that lives in Georgia and he said it is like us in the winter. He runs from the airconditioned car to the air conditioned house in the Summer. here we go form the heated car to the heated house. There is nothing like a good wood stove lol.
F.K.

================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont no what state your in but its the same up here in maine..:)..This fourm will help you get threw it......Works for me..
We got lucky in Augusta this morning, but frost predicted for tomorrow. Time to put the liners in and get ready to watch for wet leaves in the road.

It was 53 degrees for the ride into work this morning.....pulled the full face helmet from deap in the closet! I prefer my 1/2 helmet but the cold gets to my face too much this time of year.

Yup, about 47 on my ride in this morning. First time I had to debate if I was going to ride in when there was no rain in the forecast. I chose to throw on the chaps and keep the modular helmet down the whole ride and do it (little more time gearing up, but it will be worth it for the 65 degree ride home this evening).

Pardon me for laughing at the title of this thread, but we're finally exiting the HOTTEST SUMMER ON RECORD IN TEXAS' HISTORY!!!!! You have no idea how good the word "frost" sounds. This is now the best time of year to be riding for us. Light winds, low humidity, mid 80's - low 90's during the day, and it's actually getting nice and cool at night. Have to keep my jacket in the saddle bags in case I'm still out on the road after the sun goes down. It's down right chilly without it. Fall is here finally here!!!! Can I get an "Amen Brother" from my fellow Texas riders??? :D

Amen! I live in the Dallas area also and I resorted to riding late at night a lot this summer because it was just so miserable to ride during the daylight hours.

I'll take a cool 50-degree day over 90+/humid anytime...just have to close the lower fairing vents, plug in warmers & I'm good to go.

Back