Frost on the bike

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by Fisherking, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Fisherking

Fisherking Active Member

I don't know if this belongs here but woke up this morning and there was frost on the bike. Summer is over.
    I know there will more good days left but the frost was a harsh reality that ridding days are numbered!

F.K.

2. WHM1

WHM1 Junior Member

Get some heated gear and keep on gettin it... fall and winter riding is better than 95 degrees and 1000% humitity

3. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

Cheer up! frost is not snow and it kills the bugs, just think, no more cleaning after every ride.

4. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

I dont no what state your in but its the same up here in maine..:)..This fourm will help you get threw it......Works for me..

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I agree - and I'm "old school" when it comes to this topic - I have no heated gear but I layer with new material stuff like Under Armour and I'm good to ride as long as the roads are dry!

6. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

It gets a bit hard to ride in 30mph winds and blizzard snow. We here in Wisconsin do not have much more riding time. although I do love the fall, bike runs awesome.

7. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Umm sorry to hear winter is closing in on you Mat. You should try to get some sort of small shed to put that good looking Fat Boy in though. I can't imagine leaving my bike out each night the way I do my truck. My Truck hates my bike.

8. Fisherking

Fisherking Active Member

I'm From Canada about 100 miles north of Toronto. The fall colours are just starting.
    My Girl and I have about a two hour ride tonight to go to a weding.
    We usauly have snow for the first week of November that stays. I know we still have some time left, but the frost kinda through me for a loop and made me realize that ridding days are numbered.
    Evrey body enjoy the fall colours and no bugs lol.
    Regards Fisher King

9. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

Just a reminder when the frost starts bridges and over passes can get real ugly real fast . Almost like walking on pig snot .

10. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Thats a early snow....I hope you and your girl have a snowmobile to help keep ya from getting bored in the winter...The snowmobiling in Canada is great...I hope ya have a place for the bike..:)