Front Wheel Bearings for 2007 Road King

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by jbabk, Apr 14, 2009.

1. jbabk

jbabk Member Contributor

I am trying to find two front wheel bearings Harley Davidson No. HD-9247. They also have a part number F-390599 imprinted on them. I can't seem to find any cross reference on them. I am trying to go elsewhere besides HD. Anybody have any clues or reference numbers.

Joe B:small3d011:

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Most bearings and seals of that type are manufactured for HD by major brand like Federal Mogul or the like. A good industrial bearing place should be able to look up and cross it. You may even find an upgrade for the parts you have now, as there are rating/grading systems for the bearing(s) and seal(s) used. That includes all roller bearing used throughout your bike, if you have a savvy parts guy and time... Found this out a long time ago, when nephew was into competitive skating and extreme sports.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

You should be able to get them at any supplier of bearings if you bring one in. I would just bite the bullet and go to a Harley dealer to be sure of the proper fit.

4. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

Hey Glider,

How often should the wheel bearing be replaced? You know right off hand?

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

I think that would be determined by mileage and how they were used/abused. If there was no water infiltration, they should go a good distance before replacing is needed.

6. jbabk

jbabk Member Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input. The bearings I have are good but I bought a new wheel and I thought if I ruined them removing from the old wheel I would be prepared. I did find two on ebay.

Joe B