free website stats program Front tire wear?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Front tire wear??

Just picked up a 89 FLHTCU and I noticed the front tire wear is different, it seems that the sides almost have a ridge until the middle wear it seams normal. I noticed a slight shimmy but not bad. Mybuddy thinks it wants to walk to the side your turning when in a turn.

Any Idea's?

All help appreciated

Just picked up a 89 FLHTCU and I noticed the front tire wear is different, it seems that the sides almost have a ridge until the middle wear it seams normal. I noticed a slight shimmy but not bad. Mybuddy thinks it wants to walk to the side your turning when in a turn.

I bet the previous owner did not keep an eye on the air pressure. Check it now anyway. Check the action of the front shocks by gripping the front brake and rocking the bike forward/backwards hard. Does it seem sloppy or soft? Might want to change your fork oil. Follow the book and check the mounting/alignment of the front end. Finally, take a peek at the front pads to make sure they seem evenly worn.

How much tread is left on the tire? If it is getting close, you might want to swap it out sooner than later. Match the rear, unless you are gonna change them both, in which case you can change to your personal favourite brand.

TQ

Tire cupping, low psi and change the fork oil, check for looseness and or binding in the steering

Back