free website stats program front tire wear d408f | Harley Davidson Forums

front tire wear d408f

glimmerman

took the bike in as i reported in may. was told i had a couple thousand miles left on the rear tire. when i got home from Canada, i went and bought a rear tire just figuring i was getting close. upon checking this morning, i find i have 4/32 on the rear at the wear bar and only 2/32 on the front. 11k isn't much mileage from a front tire. i moved the bike around to be sure i wasn't on a bad spot but the wear is uniform. anybody getting much better from these?

I've got almost 30,000 kilometers (18 thousand miles) on my front 408 and there is still 4/32 left. They start out with 5/32. No cupping, very pleased with it. Sure beats the 402s on the older bikes.

On an 08, I got 30,000 miles on the front and still had tread remaining. Changed it then along with the second rear tire so I could go all E-3s. Very happy with those so far at a little over 4200 miles.

Never before heard of such fast wear on a front tire as the op had.

I got 25,000 on my front tire before changing it. It still had some tread but I did not want to push it to get a few more miles on it and have to make another appointment in a couple of weks losing riding time.

I did both the front and rear on my 2010 FLHTK at 13500. Both were pretty close to the same. Rear was worse. I probably could have gotten another 1000 on the front, but it was right at 2/32. You can't compare with D402's. Those would go more than 20k easily on the front.

took the bike in as i reported in may. was told i had a couple thousand miles left on the rear tire. when i got home from Canada, i went and bought a rear tire just figuring i was getting close. upon checking this morning, i find i have 4/32 on the rear at the wear bar and only 2/32 on the front. 11k isn't much mileage from a front tire. i moved the bike around to be sure i wasn't on a bad spot but the wear is uniform. anybody getting much better from these?

Shouldn't you be asking "Why is the front wearing out so fast?"

after talking w/ some friends and doing some calculations (duh!) it appears that the back wears out at .54/32 per thousand miles. the front is wearing at 1/2 that rate at .27/32 per thousand. that being said, if things hold true, then there should be about 7.4 thousand left on the tires til the wear bar indicator shows. this would give about 18k for both and they would have to be replaced together. not as good as the me880 on the rk. just baffled by what appears to be an early wear out on the front.

just changed out rear tire at 31,500 km - frt tire has about 30% left - two up & fully loaded most trips , put oem back on due to milage

Back