free website stats program Front tire replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front tire replacement

Here is a link to tyre removal from wheel i did a few years ago
Harley Davidson Forums

Here is how i spin balance the wheel using the axle pin from the wheel and some bits of wood i had laying about just make sure it is level
fin_676-albums-tyre+changing-picture4586-100_0168_medium.jpg

Brian

I don't know about the dyna beads but years ago I used a product called Balance Plus. I'm not sure if it's still on the market or not but it was a balancer plus sealer. I had tube tires, wouldn't think of using it on tubless because it would make a terrible mess for the next tire change. Anyway it seemed to work ok but the thing I didn't like was when my bike set overnight ,especially in cooler or cold weather the stuff would drain to the bottom of the tire and feel like you're tires were egg shaped for the first couple of miles till it got redistributed again. Since then I've always went with wheel weights.

Hey everybody, thank you for all the good tips, this is new territory for me.

I went and checked the wheel, it does not have a weight anywhere on the rim, it is cast chrome so it's tubeless and no spokes. I have not had any issues as far as vibrations go and the tire has about 12k on it, it's getting thin. The tire I have to replace it is an identical tire. My game plan was to remove the wheel and tire and take it to Fatboys Choppers to have the new tire mounted and balanced. They did great work on my back wheel earlier this year just prior to the Salt Springs trip. I'm going to enquire about the dyna beads, Joe if you say they are the way to go I'll take that as gospel, it's on the calendar for next week.
Thanks!!

Dyna beads work like wet clothes in the washing machine spin cycle. I don't know the enjiener-a-makle principal, but they work for me. :newsmile059:

I don't have an opinion on dyna beads either way. But I don't think I'd use the washer comparison. Mine bounces around pretty badly sometimes.:)

Joe, Fin,

The videos were interesting. I used to work as a mechanic for KMart when I was a teenager, busted a lot of tires and installed a lot of batteries, but I'm so old now I can't remember how it's done...:D

Back