free website stats program Front tire blows out? I'm not so sure. | Harley Davidson Forums

Front tire blows out? I'm not so sure.

Looks like he grabbed the front brake and there was sand or something on the road. Doesn't look like the front tire went down.

I also agree with the theory of something nasty in the road. Kind of suspicious that the following rider also goes down in almost the same spot as he tried to make a fairly simple evasive swerve.

It appears to me that the closing speed towards other bikes ahead was to fast. Possibly distraction or just not paying attention. Needing to slow quickly, and while not firmly applying both brakes or possible running down side of road to miss colliding with bikes in front, rider immediately applied a strong firm handful of front brake while not equally applying rear or using rear at all, caused front end to fold and toss rider. To bad second rider was following a similar path and did not avoid first rider. Probably target fixation with second rider.... Bars were not shaking while riding which would indicate a front tire blew out or had sudden air loss. It was instantaneously skid and rider a was toss to ground.

No matter what the cause was, it's sickening to see.

Agreed.

In frame by frame i cannot see where either tire went drastically/dramatically flat after the spill. Plus the bike does all it can to correct itself and continue on. Everything looked so eventful then crash!

Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Back