free website stats program Front tire blowout at 75mph.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front tire blowout at 75mph....

I pulled the tire and tube off the rim. It appears that I had the tube pinched between the tire and the rim. I am always careful when mounting tires, now I will be extra careful and triple check everything. I have mounted dozens and dozens of tires, dirt and street but I guess anyone can make a mistake.:small3d031:

when installing a tube, it is advisable to inflate the tube inside the tire before you seat the 2nd bead, then remove the valve stem and deflate the tube this removes the wrinkles (which can cause a balancing issue) as well as sets the tube in the position it needs to be, of course you will to be careful when using spoons so as not to pinch the tube...

when installing a tube, it is advisable to inflate the tube inside the tire before you seat the 2nd bead, then remove the valve stem and deflate the tube this removes the wrinkles (which can cause a balancing issue) as well as sets the tube in the position it needs to be, of course you will to be careful when using spoons so as not to pinch the tube...

Thanks

I have in the past nipped a tube with the tyre leaver when fitting a tyre and learnt to put enough air in the tube just to give it enough shape so that it was out of the way while fitting the second bead

Brian

Back