free website stats program Front Shocks are making noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Shocks are making noise

Hello all,

I seem to be having noise coming from the front shocks, the noise sounds like the shocks are extending all the way out and making a loud bang when I find a pot hole or any kind of pothole. The Bike Has 300 miles on it.

anyone else had this problem?

thanks, David

get your dealer to check the torque on the head bolt - service bulletin sent to dealers, as they have been found not to be torqued up enough which causes a loud clunk when you hit a large enough bump, mine was covered under the 1st service has not done it since
I appreciate hobbit your response. I am not sure when you say "Head Bolt" do you mean the engine has a loose head bolt? can you elaborate more on this. Thanks

I am not sure I am going to have them do my first service, I can do this stuff myself and figure the warranty will stand up if I save my reciepts.

I also was going to write up that the rear wheel is making a noise like metal on metal, very slight noise, I was thinking of just bringing it in and having them look at both, since there is a warranty issue.

Thanks,
David

Back