free website stats program Front seat tongue needed for OEM Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Front seat tongue needed for OEM Seat

djzoohelp

Good day all,

Just picked up a new seat for my '02 Wide Glide, but had to use the OEM front seat tongue. I can't find a part number for it, and the local dealership can't find one either.

Anybody know where I can get one of these things? (Just to be more specific, it's the metal tongue that bolts into the front of the original seat and slips into the bracket at the bottom of the gas tank).

Thanks,

Keith

Anybody know where I can get one of these things? (Just to be more specific, it's the metal tongue that bolts into the front of the original seat and slips into the bracket at the bottom of the gas tank).

Keith,

If nobody knows, you might just go to Home Depot or Lowes (these are US companies, but you might try Canadian Tire or something like that) and get some aluminium "bar" stock in 1" wide x 1/8" or 3/16" thick. Bend it to shape, drill it and fasten it to the seat. Done.

TQ

I would do as TQ suggests but would use a steel bar stock myself, aluminum would tend to crack if bent enough. Also look on the original part for a part number.

Sorry Folks,
Must have had some goooood smoke that night. For some reason, I was thinking I switched over the front metal tongue, but it was actually the back bracket that attaches to the fender.
When I mentioned that to the dealer, they knew the part.

Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't hover over the gas tank so long . . .:newsmile068:

Back