free website stats program Front Rotor problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Rotor problem

Glenn Lemaster

My Triglide acts like front rotors are badly warped, I put the dial indicator on and both sides were .008" out. I was told that is within limits, but front ends dips crazy when I'm close to stopped. anyone else had this problem? Could the ABS cause this?

My Triglide acts like front rotors are badly warped, I put the dial indicator on and both sides were .008" out. I was told that is within limits, but front ends dips crazy when I'm close to stopped. anyone else had this problem? Could the ABS cause this?
I think a wrapped rotor will give you front end shakes at high speeds and a egg roll feel at slow speeds.

When you put your new pads and rotors on, I’d suggest you clean off all the road gunk and pad detritus around the pistons.
If your pistons are binding, your new bits won’t help you as much as you hope.
As a matter of course, you also should clean the callipers as best you can.
Don’t forget to put a smear of high temp copper grease on the back of the pads as well.

When you put your new pads and rotors on, I’d suggest you clean off all the road gunk and pad detritus around the pistons.
If your pistons are binding, your new bits won’t help you as much as you hope.
As a matter of course, you also should clean the callipers as best you can.
Don’t forget to put a smear of high temp copper grease on the back of the pads as well.
Thanks for info, I had planned on as much cleanup as possible while having it torn down, not in a hurry, I have another bike to ride while waiting on parts.

Back