free website stats program Front motor mount | Harley Davidson Forums

Front motor mount

the draggin

Okay so I have found a few old posts on replacement motor mounts but no pictures found. Anyway, I talked to my local HunnertDollar shop and a new Moco mount is $70plus. Is there a better aftermarket unit in about the same price range? I am really tired of changing these things. Even after the last one I still had a vibration around 1600 to 1700rpm both up and down. I made sure the mount was in correctly and centered my alignment is good and I had replaced the swing-arm bushings about 3000 miles before. GlidePro and Sta bo and velva are three I've heard of, anybody with experience with these units. How many miles have you got on it? Vibration levels? Thanks for looking and hopefully responding.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about the Glide Pro front mount. I do not have one but the reports have been positive. Having said that, if your vibration is severe enough. A new mount may not solve it. Some of the newer more robust mounts are actually a little stiffer than stock and therefore more durable......

I've not had to replace a mount on my '07. I will comment that your engine should not be @ 1,500-1,700 rpm above 3rd gear. If you are riding 4th, 5th, 6th at those rpm's, the mounts are not causing vibration. It's lugging.

I have run the early and later/stiffer OEM mount, the Buell mount and the latest iteration of the Glide Pro. The Buell mount is much better than the H-D mount but will have to be replaced about every 5K miles. The latest iteration of the Glide Pro mount is way better than anything I have tried and will not have to be replaced for as long as you will probably own the motorcycle and is worth the additional cost. Make sure you follow the instructions; 8ft.lb. of torque doesn't sound like enough but Jake has been constantly improving the quality of the mount material, increased the size of the thru bolt, etc. and his latest mount works very well.:s

Breeze, sorry about the vagueness on the rpm thing. It vibrates on the way up through the gears under normal acceleration and again on deceleration. the left mirror really shakes. With the most recent motor mount replacement it did clear it up somewhat. But, in the 8 years and 40k miles I have replaced the mount like four times. Just tired of the issue. I put the poly type in my car and even though it caused the dash to crack in several places the way the car now hooks up on hard acceleration it is amazing. Dolt, I like your review on the Glide pro, how many miles do you have on it.

Dolt, I like your review on the Glide pro, how many miles do you have on it.

About 2500; I think it's the best on the market at this time. If you install the Glide Pro front mount and the vibration isn't eliminated or at least diminished, something else is going on.

I replaced the worn out oem on my '06 flhtc with a Glide pro, it did not totally eliminate the vibration but, it did make for a better ride.

I replaced the worn out oem on my '06 flhtc with a Glide pro, it did not totally eliminate the vibration but, it did make for a better ride.

The motor is an odd firing, rubber mounted vtwin; no way to completely eliminate the idle movement.

2130.jpg

You may look at this by Carlini
FL Torque Arm

On my 05 RG I thought I had a motor mount issue. Turns out it was the inserts on my foot boards. Changed them out and the bike seemed to smooth right out.

Back