free website stats program Front Forks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Forks

Just FYI. I did a chrome exchange on my 2000 Road King. The lowers leaked because they were not cleaned as well as they should have been after the chroming. They leaked around the seal because of "overchorming", at least that's what I was told. By the time I paid to get them cleaned up and reinstalled I paid more than buying directly from Harley. I also had a problem with a chrome exchange on my wheels. They ended up peeling and leaked air, had to get them rechromed. I'm sure most people have good luck with an exchange program or they would not exist, but I'm not one of them. When I bought my new bike it had chrome lowers from the factory so I was in luck. If it were me I would buy from Harley...again just my opinion.

Just FYI. I did a chrome exchange on my 2000 Road King. The lowers leaked because they were not cleaned as well as they should have been after the chroming. They leaked around the seal because of "overchorming", at least that's what I was told. By the time I paid to get them cleaned up and reinstalled I paid more than buying directly from Harley. I also had a problem with a chrome exchange on my wheels. They ended up peeling and leaked air, had to get them rechromed. I'm sure most people have good luck with an exchange program or they would not exist, but I'm not one of them. When I bought my new bike it had chrome lowers from the factory so I was in luck. If it were me I would buy from Harley...again just my opinion.

No problems with the chrome fork lowers that I got from Willy Shiny. Willy Shiny has a 2 year warranty on all his parts so if you have any issues the part would be replaced, you can't go wrong doing business with Willy.

Back