free website stats program Front Fork Air Baffle | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Fork Air Baffle

Does anyone have the chrome front fork air baffle(part #58520-79TC) installed on their ultra classic?
Does It make much difference to the wind and rain?
Does it make your engine run hotter?

Here in Canada where it is rather cold, it seems like a good investment.
Although it would be better in black than chrome.

Does anyone have the chrome front fork air baffle(part #58520-79TC) installed on their ultra classic?
Does It make much difference to the wind and rain?
Does it make your engine run hotter?

Here in Canada where it is rather cold, it seems like a good investment.
Although it would be better in black than chrome.

Dont know about the new part number but my 92 FLHS and 97 FLHT had them from the factory, I think they made a big improvement in air flow:s

I'm with Jack my05FLTRI came with it and it gives good airflow over the engine. Seems like there was a thread on this 6-8 months ago.

According to my manual at temps above 70* it directs cooling air to the engine heads and around the rider. If you take it off with temps below 70* the warm air flows up toward the rider.

I installed one on my 2008 and it made a big difference for me. I have not taken mine off since installed. I believe it actually directs more air toward the front cylinder. If it was to be a problem, then why on the older bikes it was installed from factory and in combination with the hard lowers on the Ultras?
HDDon thats the first info regarding removing baffle that makes sense.

Has this become an option? It should not be IMO

Yes Jack, it is now an option. They also used to come in black instead of chrome only. I would prefer that black one as well. I put one on my RK and Eleft36 states it does exactly that. I'm not sure that the air hitting you with it on is any less, its just from a different angle. It sure cuts down that race up the torso that I was looking to get rid of.

Peace,

Bodeen

I have the black version on my '07 FLHTC. I installed it primarily to help direct rain/mist away from my face. I have an oil temp gauge, and have not noticed any difference in temp even in summer.

Back