free website stats program front folks alienment | Harley Davidson Forums

front folks alienment

Longhair

Would any one know how to alien the front folks on a 1997 softail custom? Last weekend the bike fell over and now something has twisted. When the front wheel is straight the handle bars are off to the right. When the handle bars are striaght the folks and tire are alittle off to the left. I can not see anything bent. Not sure what it could be.

Sure it's not the handlebars are twisted?They're rubber mounted and twist easliy.Just turn to the left all the way to the stop and push a little more to move the bars in the mounts.If the blow was strong enough it could have bent the handlebar mounting bolts.However other things usually get hurt if it's that severe.

Thank you Hobbit and Fisher for your help. I did whatyou said to do. folks are striaght once again. Now when I take off or make a right or left turn the bottom of the folks shake real bad back to foward. What would that Be? Sorry It Takes a while to get back to everyone . There is just enough hours in a day with my job, wife and the kids. thanks agin.

you might check your steering head nut. Did the bike fall over or did you hit something like a curb? It's a big nut in the center of your triple tree where your handle bars mount. It probably has a cap on it.

I have same problem with my handle bar being off center, I've try to loosen 2 5/8" bolts but still won't be able to center the handle bar, handle bar stills tight even though the bolts are finger loose, it's annoying while riding.

I was wondering if I losen the right bolts. Anyone with pictures of where those bolts are is appreciated.

Should be only those two bolts on the underside of the top triple tree. They are 1/2" X13 bolts I believe so there shouldn't be any mistaking them for another. Just follow the line of the risers down and you'll find them.

Back