free website stats program Front fender woes... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front fender woes...

You don't mention if there was actual paint damage-just a dent.

Twice in the last 2 years my Wife's Honda was caught out in hailstorms and suffered a considerable number of various sized impact dents;but no paint damage.(that's the key)

We had a' Paintless Dent Repair' man come to our house and he used a variety of tools to push out the dents from the inside.Obviously he had to remove roof,boot and door linings etc and from memory the first time cost was $400 and the second was $700.

The repairs were mind blowingly perfect! I honestly could not tell that any damage had previously existed.And believe me,i tried hard.

To do a front fender on a bike would be so easy (and cheap) to these type of repair guys.

The repairs were mind blowingly perfect! I honestly could not tell that any damage had previously existed.And believe me,i tried hard.

Wow that is good to know. I would never guess that results like that would be possible. Would be great to see someone do it while you watched.

Getting an artist to do a little ?? of your choosing, that will add a Nice touch and look like it never happened..

Lots of them Artistic types at an HD or Bike rally.

Not the bullet hole sticker please :small3d002:

signed....BUBBIE

Is the paint a stock color? If it is, try Rob's used Harley Parts in Herndon, Va. 703-476-6607, he may have a fender that matches. His prices are reasonable and he ships real quick.
If you have custom paint then do what others have suggested. I had a ding in the tank of my RK I filled it in and had feathers painted over to hide it.
Good Luck.

Thanks for all the great responses folks. :) There does not appear to be any paint damage so I'm going to see if I can find someone to repair it. I'll probably have it down AFTER snow flies as we don't have a lot of ride time left this year but I'll let you know how I make out.

Paintless dent repair works:
Before:
uploadfromtaptalk1348099992422.jpg
After:
uploadfromtaptalk1348100094533.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348100060391.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348100060391.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348100133117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348100133117.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 31