free website stats program Front fender running light fell off. | Harley Davidson Forums

Front fender running light fell off.

HogHappy

My 2009 Electra Glide Classic 's front fender running light fell off. The nuts vibrated off and the only thing holding it on was the connection harness. :(
So ,good thing we stopped a couple miles after it happened.
I disconnected it and put it in the tour pack.
Heres the question. Have to wait till Monday after 10a.m. to call the dealer.
Think something like this is covered under warranty? The bike is not 2 yrs old yet.?
Its worth a try . :newsmile036:

I need the front tire changed out for a upcoming trip,so if taking the tire off to bolt the running light back on is covered under warranty then I would really only get charged for the tire being put on the rim ,since it was taken off to fix the light.

My 2009 Electra Glide Classic 's front fender running light fell off. The nuts vibrated off and the only thing holding it on was the connection harness. :(
So ,good thing we stopped a couple miles after it happened.
I disconnected it and put it in the tour pack.
Think something like this is covered under warranty? The bike is not 2 yrs old yet.?
Its worth a try . :newsmile036:

I need the front tire changed out for a upcoming trip,so if taking the tire off to bolt the running light back on is covered under warranty then I would really only get charged for the tire being put on the rim ,since it was taken off to fix the light.

Bumper to bumper for 2 years, tho they will probably say you should have checked them, stand your ground and SMILE

Bumper to bumper for 2 years, tho they will probably say you should have checked them, stand your ground and SMILE

Well I have had the service done at the "Stealer" so they did the 20,000 mile service and maybe they should have checked them. :swoon

Kind of (Edit) a guy off when you spend that kind of money o a bike. :newsmile093:

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:

IF not over the two years as it sounds just like my bike, still warranted....

YES,,, it should be covered.

I made arrangements for the tire swap-out.. at the same time they replaced a warped front rotor and the light frame-tip.

charged me 1/2 hour plus the new tire..

Still too much.. but done.:D.

signed....BUBBIE

Nothing i see in the book about checking light bolts..

The same thing happened to my bike today. I and the wife stopped to get a bite to eat and as I walked around to check it out I saw the front marker lite hanging by the wire harness. I unhooked it went in and ate. Later after I got home I put the lite back on with lock washers and loc tite My bike is still under warrenty but did'nt think it was worth the extra time to have the dealership fix it

Back