free website stats program front fender repair | Harley Davidson Forums

front fender repair

chipguy1

When I bought my 2005 Ultra classic the front fender had (& still does) an eagle with the eyes that light up. I want to remove this eagle, and I have a couple of questions. Does anybody know how many holes are drilled in the fender to mount this eagle, and is there something I can cover the hole(s) with? I have been to a body shop about painting a used fender, and it will cost about $700. If the hole(s) can't be covered with something then I will consider bringing in the original fender to repair, I hope I am making myself clear.
All suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

Got any pics of the eagle? Are you sure when it was added that extra holes were drilled? Should be able to look under the fender to see how many holes were drilled?
$700 to paint a fender is out of line IMO. I would paint it myself first. Pics would help us help you.

I would think you could get a color matched, exact replacement fender off Ebay or Craigslist for way less than $700.

Got any pics of the eagle? Are you sure when it was added that extra holes were drilled? Should be able to look under the fender to see how many holes were drilled?
$700 to paint a fender is out of line IMO. I would paint it myself first. Pics would help us help you.

This is the question I would like to see answered, is it on top or on the front edge of the fender?

When I bought my 2005 Ultra classic the front fender had (& still does) an eagle with the eyes that light up. I want to remove this eagle, and I have a couple of questions. Does anybody know how many holes are drilled in the fender to mount this eagle, and is there something I can cover the hole(s) with? I have been to a body shop about painting a used fender, and it will cost about $700. If the hole(s) can't be covered with something then I will consider bringing in the original fender to repair, I hope I am making myself clear.
All suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

I had a faring painted both sides for $300.00, so $700 for a fender seems way high.

the eagle is on top of the fender. The bike is in my friend's garage and is surrounded by a bunch of stuff. There are wires leading to the eagle so there has to be at least one hole to run the wires through.
Tom

the fender is painted lava red sunglo with pinstriping, and yes $700. is out of the question.
Tom

I'm sure the $700 includes repairing any damage that taking off the light will expose. Maybe your painter was covering himself not knowing what he will be dealing with, when you add the cost of a pint of Harley color matched paint, $700 is way to much to pay. Have you called your Harley dealer to get the cost of a replacement fender for your year and color model?

Back