free website stats program Front fender brace | Harley Davidson Forums

Front fender brace

pawpaw01

I hope you guys can give me some advice on adding a fender brace on my '08 FXSTC. I have heard it makes the bike much more stable in the curves. Does anyone have any actual experience with adding one to a bike with a narrow front tire? Any input is greatly appeciated. Ride safe...

I have one on my FXST. I think it "helps" a little. But I mainly just liked the look and it ended up in my Christmas stocking some how. :D I must have been a good boy, but I don't remember when :dknow

I haveone on my 96 fxstc with the narrow tire , yes it looks better and I felt the difference when in a curve and the road was a little rough , good investment IMO

I saw that piece in the catalog. I remember thinking it would look good on my custom, seems like it was around $200.00.

Actually a fork brace does help handling, by stiffening up the fork mid-way betwen the triple clamp and the axle. Most forks rely on the sheet metal fender support bracket, not nearly as stiff as a solid metal fork brace. Just turn your fork all the way to the left and use you knee to push the fork axle and notice the "twang" and flex. When cornering at speed, the forks do bind and twist...so doing this simple suspension change will pay big dividends when cornering hard.

Back