free website stats program Front End Wobbling | Harley Davidson Forums

Front End Wobbling

gltee_9

Hi there...I have a 99 FXD and when I get up to about 75mph, my front end starts to wobble pretty bad. As soon as I back off the accelerator, it stops. I just had a new tire put on and it seems to me that it also did it with the old tire, can't recall for sure. Any ideas of what may be causing this?? Thanks!

Hi there...I have a 99 FXD and when I get up to about 75mph, my front end starts to wobble pretty bad. As soon as I back off the accelerator, it stops. I just had a new tire put on and it seems to me that it also did it with the old tire, can't recall for sure. Any ideas of what may be causing this?? Thanks!

Not good. This is about a softail, but check here anyway:

Front End Wobble on 1999 FLSTC - Harley Davidson Community

If that doesn't apply, wade through this stuff:

Search Results - Harley Davidson Community

I would right away worry about the new tire, and the way the wheel was mounted back on the bike. Check those out now. Jack up the front and spin the wheel. Look for out of round and tread problems. Also check for wheel weights missing and loose spokes if you have any.

TQ

TQ

still have the same problem too...

my '05 fxdx started to wobble at around 45mph fast long curve..but i thought it was the bit-rough concrete road. but then, on the long curving smooth asphalt still wobbled.

i was suggested to change the front fork oil to SE heavy oil. Had the triple tree checked too, even had the fr n rr wheels balanced too. still wobbles, now the front end tends to be shaky at around 45mph...

still dont have the clue. coult it possibly be the fr tyre not worn out evenly? front stock dunlop, n rear SE gt502. when the rear was oem dunlop, fr end still wobbled.

would fork braces cure it?

btw, never had this problem on nightrain and roadking...

I was told by a friend of mine who was having the same problem but on a decel that he had to get his head bolt on front end tightened and repacked. Totally different problem from what I'm having but my be some help for you.....

I have a 06 FXDCI. Never had a wobble, but I didn't like the way it felt though the twisties.
I bought and installed True-Track and SuperBrace. Now it walks right through the twisties.

Having never replaced a seal on the forks, should I have a pro do it and save me time/problems? I forgot to mention that I had added 18" apes so could this also be a reason for the wobble? After installing my winshield, seemed to help it and now only notice it around 85 mph.....which I usually dont ride at that speed for great distances. Thanks for all advise!!

Back