free website stats program Front End Washes Out | Harley Davidson Forums

Front End Washes Out

williedoit

2001 electraglide classic front end washes out in corners and turns had in shop went through everything in front tire is origanel about 50%

Have you check the steering head bearings for fall away. If front tire is original maybe it has gone hard and that effects the handling.
Ken

Re: paparides

2001 electraglide classic front end washes out in corners and turns had in shop went through everything in front tire is origanel about 50%

The tire is 11 to 12 years old? Everything in the front was checked out? The tire sidewall has to be dry rotted and the fluid in the forks is probably very dark and maybe lumpy. If the rear tire is the same age you need to pony up for a new set of tires and change the front fork oil. You also need to change the front and rear wheel bearings, they are not the sealed type and need to be pregreased before install.

I whole heartedly agree with Kemo and HDDon. I don't care how much tread appears to remain, it isn't safe riding around on tires over 10 years old!

Definitely put some new rubber on, front and back. Next I would change the fork oil and check the steering head bearings. Think hard about the wheel bearings also.

I'm willing to bet these things fix your problem but if they don't, by all means come back and we'll figure this thing out!

Back