free website stats program Front end suspension | Harley Davidson Forums

Front end suspension

Regulators

I just dropped the front end on my 2004 Road King,but now iam getting a slight front wheel wobble at highway speeds any ideas of what might be the problem. I used a progressive suspension.

I just dropped the front end on my 2004 Road King,but now iam getting a slight front wheel wobble at highway speeds any ideas of what might be the problem. I used a progressive suspension.

Go back through the alignment procedure in the book. Make sure you use a drill bit or round stock through the hole in the right side of the axle and pull the slider up against the bit. Also make sure that the caliper is not binding on the pins. Aside from that, did you put in the right amount of shock oil? Finally, you have lowered the back too, right? Otherwise, your geometry may be off enough to cause a problem.

TQ

changing front end geometry can cause high speed wobble

Thanks for the info will look into shock oil. Progressive says with there monotube suspension for the front end you only need 5oz of oil on each side. HD service manual says 11.1oz on each side for stock suspension. Hope this is it, not fun riding with a wobble.

Thanks for the info will look into shock oil. Progressive says with there monotube suspension for the front end you only need 5oz of oil on each side. HD service manual says 11.1oz on each side for stock suspension. Hope this is it, not fun riding with a wobble.

Boy howdy on the low fluid...5oz each side is way low, the would certainly do it! Tell us how it works out once you top them both up! :s

Back